Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Orange County Fair

This post is way over due.
On July 15th (see... WAY over due) Bart and I took the girls to the Orange County Fair. It was the first time in a long time for Bart and I, and of course it was the first time ever for the girls!


We all loved seeing the animals, although we were disappointed when the animal show was canceled. I think the mama pig was the biggest I've ever seen with my own eyes. It put calling someone a pig in a whole new prospective. Ha ha just kidding, but really... she was huge!!
We tried to see a lesson about milking cows, but got there to late and it was standing room only, so we just continued to walk around. We did see a cow with a full udder and a cow with an empty one, that gave Bart a whole new prospective about breastfeeding!!
Overall although we had a good time, I was astonished at the price of everything. There were so many things I saw that I wanted to eat and we decided that we should just share everything so that we could get a lot of different stuff, but after spending $8.50 on a tri-tip sandwich that was smaller than a McDonald's Big Mac, we realized that we probably weren't going to get to try everything we wanted. Needless to say I am still craving a funnel cake! One free thing we enjoyed were the misters. We planned on going in the evening so it would be cooler, but we still managed to overheat. The girls would have run around in there all evening if we let them!
We did get to try a few rides. Cadence actually went on one all by herself. I think everyone thought I was crazy for standing at the sidelines asking if she was okay every time she passed by!! Bart gave me the camera and that shut me up for a while.
There were a few rides that we got to go on together, like the carousel. The guys checking tickets didn't even charge Bart and I for going since we "had to accompany" the girls. That was really nice because the tickets go faster than the rides!Here are a few pictures from the top of the Ferris Wheel ride. Only Cadence and I went on because Kendall didn't want to... surprise, surprise.


By the way Happy Birthday Cathleen AND Joey!! We miss you and love you!!

2 comments:

J-Dawg said...

How fun!!! We missed the fair again this year. It comes and goes so quickly. It looks like you guys had a good time! I have to agree with you on the prices of the food; it is pretty pricey. Good thing it only comes around once a year. :)

Cathleen said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes.....and Happy Birthday to you too!