Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Go Phel-ups Go!

We have had the Olympics on pretty much full time around here. Bart and I have been watching them as well as Meena while she is here with the girls. Meena told us a few nights ago that during the gymnastics portion the girls lined up their folded up blankets to pretend it is a balance beam and then "jump off" and land with their hands in the air with a big "TA-DA"! Cute !
This morning some men were swimming for the preliminaries so Bart and I weren't really watching, but it was on anyway. As I walked out of the room I heard Cadence jump up and say, "Go Phelps Go!!!" (Actually, it sounded more like Phel-ups, which was even cuter) I turned around to see her jumping up and down in front of the TV while the guys were swimming. I thought it was pretty funny because he wasn't even swimming at the time, but Cadence was still rooting for him!

On a completely different note. My car was door dinged the other day. I went to the beach on Monday and I remember when we were leaving a big white SUV, full of a bunch of kids, had just started unloading their car as we walked up and started loading up. I remember feeling rushed because there were about three different cars waiting to fight over my spot and I just wanted to get out of the line of fire. Later that evening while I was running errands I looked over and saw it, about the size of a half dollar with incriminating white paint in the center of it. I was pretty mad...

1 comment:

Happy The Man said...

Hmmm, that's funny, the only door dings I ever seem to get on my car are the ones on the edges of my doors...

Actually, I've found that when you drive older beater cars you never get door dings, never. I park extra close to people just to try to "draw the foul", but alas nothing. Maybe it's just that my car is so ugly that people are afraid that they'll get "ugly" on their own car...

As an FYI, I'm speaking of my 1994 green Toyota Camry with 227K miles on it, my train station car. It's got a serious case of paint cancer all over the hood and pretty much everywhere, perfect for leaving parked in the elements at a train station. In fact, the older and uglier the better because if a thief wants to steal a car left in a lot over the weekends, they usually want the nicer looking ones, not the old cancerous looking onces.

Words of advice from someone who has lived enough to see enough, if you have a nicer newer car, take a baseball bat to the sides of it and beat it up real good. Chances are you'll never get another door ding again (and if you do, who cares?)

We had a big white Ford Excursion for many years, every time my kids opened those heavy rear doors in the back on their own, I'd cringe hoping they listened this time and didn't let the doors swing open at will. Kids are clueless! People with little kids should just put bumpers around their cars, not to protect their own cars but to protect everyone else's cars. Furthermore, I'd like to wrap a big fat rubber debilitating bumper entirely around my 6 year old Nathaniel. Not for his protection, but to protect the rest of the world...