Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Disneyland Times Two


Sunday 8/17/08 we went to Disneyland!! Part of the plan to get my mom over to Craig and Cherilyn's for her surprise party was to go to Disneyland. So in order to feel like we didn't lie about EVERYTHING we kept that part of the bargain! This year for my birthday my husband got me a year round pass to Disneyland and my mom got me parking, so get ready to hear a lot about Disneyland this year!
The last time I went to Disneyland was January of 2007
Here's a flashback picture:

This was our first family trip to Disneyland, Cadence is 18 months and Kendall is 11 weeks.

Cadence in Minnie Mouse's house. It's one of her favorites, you can tell by the smile.


Cadence showing Kendall what's going on in Minnie's dishwasher.
Having a Tea Party in Minnie's house.
What is this thing doing?
Kisses for Meena
Looking Pretty

Cadence and Kendall showing Uncle Craig the leak in the hose.

Playing "Gonna Getcha"

Kendall, Meena, Cadence and Uncle Craig riding the horses!

Kendall being silly. She loved the horses!

Looks like he's going to be sick...
Ahhh
We went shopping in the princess castle. The girls wanted to try on some hats.
The girls showing off their new light up necklaces.
Meena found a rack of all the Baby Disney characters. The girls were having a hard time deciding which one was their favorite.
Kendall was loving being covered with Mickey, Baby Minnie and Baby Pluto
Uncle Craig and Aunt Cherilyn had to leave early due to a pending early Monday morning at work. So the four of us (Meena, Cadence Kendall and myself) decided to hang out for fireworks and a few more rides. The fireworks were AWESOME! We were standing in the middle of Main Street and there were fireworks surrounding us. I loved it, unfortunately Kendall didn't. She got a little bit excited when Tinker Bell was flying through the sky, but she is still not a big fan of fireworks. She was also not a big fan of The Mad Hatter ride. I figure it will take a few times of going to Disneyland and a few times on each ride before she learns to love it like her sister. The rides she did like were the carousal and Dumbo so at least we have a few to look forward to!
~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~
So knowing that it would take a few trips for Kendall to get comfortable, I wasted no time in going back. We went again on Tuesday. What can I say.... I am addicted. I really do love Disneyland! This time I took the girls with my friend from work Amanda. I am just not brave enough to venture to Disneyland by my self with the two girls. So here are a few more pictures from that trip.

This time we tried out California Adventure. Our first stop was to see all our friends at the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I thought the girls would love seeing all the characters from the TV shows. Cadence was in awe the whole time and Kendall... well.. she just kept asking to go Bye Bye. I don't know if she gets scared when the lights go out or when the music is loud, but something freaks her out. I just left her on my lap and just kept pointing at all the fun friends I thought she would recognize.
There's Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Goofy!
It was Minnie's Surprise Party!
Cadence and Miss Amanda on the rocket ship ride!
Kendall and Mommy
After California Adventure we went to Disneyland for the princess story time. Meena also showed us a great place to go where you can have Art and Crafts time to color and make Princess Crowns. Here we are showing off our art work!


Here are the girls in their Minnie hats. Meena bought these for the girls on our first trip back in '07. Their names are on the back and they look so cute!
We tried a few different rides this time was well. The Jungle Cruise was fun, Kendall only asked to go Bye Bye once. We also tried the train ride that stops in all the different Disney lands, that one was just kind of long and boring, I guess fake pictures of The Grand Canyon are just not that interesting to a three and one year old! And of course the dinosaurs freaked out Kendall, oh well.
We got home a little earlier this time, but I definitely can't wait to go back... next week!

2 comments:

Cathleen said...

Ohhh you are so lucky!! That is definitely a perk of living in SoCal. We had passes once when Gregory and Tory were little and we were living in Redondo Beach. We are total Disney nuts here. You should see Tory's room, she has all these snow globes and Alice in Wonderland bedding and furniture. We'll have to live vicariously through you. When we lived in Atlanta, we would get down to Disneyworld about once a year. Now we are just too far. We have to get our fix when we come to California, which as you know hasn't been too often as of late :0(
By the way, I totally think Kendall looks just like your brother, especially in the carousel picture.

Cathleen said...

My goof...I mean the "going to get you" picture.