Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hurkey Creek Camping Trip

As some of you know, I took the girls up to Idllywild for a camping trip with some family! The girls and I left home around 6:45 AM and arrived at camp around 9 AM. Bart was unable to go because he couldn't get the time off work, he was missed by everyone, but especially ME!! I was a little apprehensive at first to go without him, but everything worked out really well and we all had a great time. Of course I am sure it wouldn't have been as smooth without all the help from all the Aunts, Uncles, Pappa, Nanna and Meena!! Thank you ~First thing on the agenda- get filthy. Check!
Here is a picture of Kendall about two minutes of playing in the dirt, and she is already covered head to toe!

Here is Bella, Cody, Pappa, Kendall, Cadence, Nanna holding Chloe, Meena and Zoe, just hangin' out.

Here is Uncle Jack, Cody and Aunt Carrie trying to figure out how to get the bubble maker to work... I don't think we ever figured it out and had to resort to the old fashioned way of blowing bubbles!

Here is Uncle Mark, doing what he loves- taking pictures AND being a pest! But you know we love you!
So here is a little back story behind this picture. Around the house whenever Kendall needs to go potty she strips down and then runs to the potty. Luckily we have never been in public before when she has done this... until this trip and she did it twice. In the above picture we were all sitting around camp and I heard Kendall say, "potty" but I guess she really had to go because she ran over to Meena and striped down before anyone realized what she was doing! So to look over and see her standing there half naked, I had to take the photo opportunity that she will hate me for later!
Here is Kendall posing in front of our tent.
This is Kendall upset when she sees her favorite blanket in the tent and I wouldn't give it to her, there was no way I would let the thing into bed with me after she had been carrying it around camp all day, so she just had to wait. And she didn't like that!Uncle Craig, Aunt Cherilyn, Carrie, Jack, Cody, Colleen, and Nanna camping.
Kendall getting some kisses from Bella.

Playing Balderdash before dinner. They won't let me play because I cheat!
Cadence and Kendall with Aunt Cherilyn and Uncle Craig!
Here is Bella, she just wants to be one of the girls~

Kendall showing Nanna her art.
Cherilyn and I at the end of a long dirty day. We were trying to work out a plan on how to get the girls showered and ready for bed. I think the plan changed about three times, but no matter which one we stuck to, it was going to be crazy! As most camping bathrooms go these were some of the dirtier ones. So trying to get two little ones in a small stall to hold still, get ALL the dirt off, trying not to touch anything at the same time was quite a chore. Kendall screamed and Cherilyn and I were both pretty much soaked afterward. But I think we did get all the dirt off so it was a bit of a success... there was a lot of dirt.
~Four generations~
Waking up with Mommy at 6:51 AM!!!
That was SOOOO early for me, but after two or three cups of coffee and some great breakfast prepared by Nanna and Pappa. Everyone was ready to pack up and head back home.

After just two days and one night, the girls and I were completely exhausted and really dirty. We pulled out of camp around 11:30 AM and by 11:32 Kendall was asleep. It was a quiet ride home but it went smoothly. Showers and nap time happened immediately upon returning home, that was nice. So after all is said and done, I am still soaking and washing some of the dirty cloths, I am determined to get them clean! But overall it was a great trip and I can honestly say that I can't wait until we go camping again ... next year!

2 comments:

J-Dawg said...

Good for you for braving camping without Bart! I bet that it is nice to have so much of your family around to help out... :)

The Cox Family said...

Our friends are in a band called Await the Day and they played at Spirit West Coast Live a couple of weeks and then played at a church camp somewhere near where you guys were camping I think. Cool. Anyway - looks like you girls had a good time. Jayden saw the pictures and wanted to know why you girls got to go camping before we did! Soon....