Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 17, 2008

Our Craaaazy Weekend!

Whewww! What a weekend!! I don't think I stopped moving since Thursday!!! Here's how it went:
Friday: After we sent Daddy to work, the girls and I headed to Target, a very scary concept. I was only supposed to buy our friend Mya a birthday present, but for everyone who loves Target like I do, I found much more, after all Easter is coming up. So a " we will be really quick, in and out" type of shop turned into, " I know girls...I am hurrying....we are almost done and then we will go get lunch!" And even when the girls were being restless toward the end, they were still being quiet and good so we got to go to McDonald's! After lunch it was time to come home and get the girls down for quiet time/nap time and time for Mommy to get ready for work. Friday nights, although the busiest night, is my favorite night to work. I work with my friend Christina behind the bar and no matter what crazy patron we are enduring, we have a lot of fun and manage to laugh a lot!

Saturday: Today was Mya's second birthday party!! We had everything ready to go and we left right on time but then we hit traffic. I don't like being late so it really stressed me out. A drive that should have taken us 20 minutes ended up taking 50!! I ended up getting off the freeway at one point (with a hundred other drivers with the bright idea) and took side streets, but those were packed too. We finally got to the party just in time to play games! The girls had so much fun. The theme was "The Backyardigans" , another cartoon Cadence has seen a couple of times, but that was enough for her to say," Mommy, I'm a backyardigan" for the rest of the night and into Sunday. One of the games they played was musical chairs and Cadence ( the youngest playing) actually made it through the first round, I was so proud! After we left the party, I was rushing home to change and get ready for work again! Meena babysat for the girls this night and here is what her note said when I got home: "Kendall had two dirty diapers tonight. The first time, big sister Cadence, informed me that Kendall was making poop! The next time, must before bath time, Cadence could smell something stinky and she looked over and said, "Someone is making more poop! And it's not me!" Meena told Cadence that Kendall had another dirty diaper to which Cadence replied, "Oh Meena, Kendall like to make poop!"

Sunday: Sunday morning we had a special church service. I think we probably tripled our normal weekly attendance. Then afterward we had a whole bunch of activities planned. First we had a huge In - N- Out Burger truck deliver our lunch. ( For those our out of state readers, In-N-Out is only the best fast food burger place EVER!) And then we also had one of those huge bounce houses. Toward the end when the crowd died down, Aunt Cherilyn and I took the girls in the bounce house and they loved it. Kendall got the cutest giggles just getting in. They weren't very good at jumping so most of the time they just sat and were tossed around as Cherilyn and I did the bouncing around them. It was a lot of fun, but I have to admit that I am pretty sore today!! After a quick trip home and a little nap for Kendall, we were off again to celebrate another birthday! This time it was for Uncle Janis and Aunt Amy!! Also joining us was Bart's cousin Chris from the East Coast. We all had a great time just hanging out and spending time together. No matter what there is always something going on! Needless to say I was in bed before midnight on Sunday, first time that has happened in at least six months.

2 comments:

Happy The Man said...

When you visit us in VA some day, we'll take you to 5 Guys for burgers! Not as inexpensive as In-And-Out but pretty darned yummy. The fries are kind of soggy though. I like them but I'd prefer them a little more crisp.

Cathleen said...

That does sound like a crazy weekend...hopefully things have slowed down some. Cadence's comments about Kendall and "poop" were too funny!
I would think you guys are getting a little birthdayed out....at least until June anyway!