Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Weekend

Happy Easter Everyone!

I just want to start by saying that I LOVE holidays!! Even in the crazy days of getting everything ready and doing extra stuff, I still love it. Yesterday (Saturday) we got to make some jelly bean cup cakes. It was so much fun. I pre-measured out all the ingredients into separate bowls and then let the girls decide which ingredient they wanted to put in, and then they got the first go at stirring!! Cadence decided that she wanted the frosting to be blue and then the girls each got a separate pan to decorate. Kendall was the first to figure out that the jelly beans were eatable, so her cupcakes were a little less decorated than Cadence's!



We also got to dye Easter eggs. I was a little nervous at first because there is always a potential accident or disaster waiting to happen, but it went really well. I bought two different types of dye, Kendall's was a tie-dye type and Cadence had a sparkle dye. Cadence's was actually a type where you put the egg and some drops of dye in a bag and shake it up and it worked really well, until Kendall decided that she wanted to just pound the egg on the counter, it was funny. The best thing was that I just told myself at the beginning that it was okay to make a mess and if our hands were multi-colored on Easter that would be okay because we had fun, so I just didn't make a big deal out of the girls touching the drying eggs and turning their hands different colors, but at the end EVERYTHING washed up with just a little soap and a little scrubbing, what a surprise. I remember as a kid my hands would stay different colors for days! Somebody at the Easter Egg Factory got smart!!



We also gave the girls their Easter baskets on Saturday since Bart worked Sunday. And we let Kendall dress up like the Easter Bunny! It didn't last very long, I don't think she liked it much!
At church on Sunday we had an Easter Egg hunt. It was so much fun, it was cute watching them run around "looking" for eggs. It was a beautiful day and the girls had a blast. Afterward my mom, brother and sister-in-law went to On The Border for lunch and to see Bart. And then we ended the day at the Cildermans for Easter dinner. We all enjoyed the day and all the busy-ness that came along with it and now we will look forward to sleep!!

6 comments:

Happy The Man said...

Those girls are just too darned cute.

I remember when my Mom would dress me up in the Easter Bunny costume. I always hated it but the real last straw was when the kids in my Driver's ed class lit my tail on fire and were all like laughing at me and stuff...

One of my favorite things to do at Easter time is to color an egg that hasn't been hard boiled :) It's always fun to watch the unsuspecting victim. LOL!

Cathleen said...

I was waiting to see your Easter pics, I'm glad you got them posted. Everyone looked so cute (that was definitely the cutest bunny picture ever!). I loved the girls matching outfits too.
Your mention of possible Egg dying disasters made me think of Aleks when she was about 2. My Mom had sent her some new outfits for her birthday (a week or so before Easter). She was wearing one of them for the first time. I was setting up the containers of dye with the tablets in our sunroom. I went into the kitchen to get something and when I came back...Aleks had a nice surprise for me. She had taken a red tablet and put it in her mouth thinking it was candy. When she figured out that it was nasty, she proceeded to spit it everywhere. Her face, chin, neck, hands, and clothes were dyed bright red. The dye never came out of the outfit either...hopefully I learned my lesson!
While I love holidays too, I miss everybody so much more than as well. I'm glad you are able to all get together and hopefully ya'll remember us too sometimes :0(

My Name Is Michelle said...

Your girls are so cute! Sounds like you all had a fabulous Easter!

J-Dawg said...

Cute pictures! I love how you got the girls involved in making cupcakes! What a great idea!

How's Buzz-bee doing? Is Cadence still calling herself that? It was good to see you guys yesterday on Easter at the Cilderman's. Jonathan just LOVES playing with Cadence and Kendall! Have a great week.

My Name Is Michelle said...

I realized that I didn't have your email address, so I suppose a comment back will have to do! I'm not on blogger anymore, but I still have a blog at http://michelleysbelly.com/ and http://thewedekings.com/

chrisandheatherdouglas said...

Hey so cute! I like their outfits. Hey - do those pink dresses fit them that I gave you?