Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Date with Cadence

Today Cadence and I (Mommy) had a date. We took advantage of Meena's spring break once more and she came over around noon to stay with Kendall while Cadence and I went out. At first we just ran a couple of errands and one of our stops was Sonshine Christian Store. Here Cadence spotted a huge Buzby book! For those of you who read my blog about Cadence wanting to be called Ruby all the time should know that she has changed personalities again to a Bee named Buzby. He is a character from one of Max Lucado's children's DVDs. So Cadence found this book and at first I told her that we couldn't get it this time, but because her reaction was to give me the book back with tears in her eyes and said, "Okay Mommy." I changed my mind and let her get it. She hasn't let go of it since! So after that we got to go to lunch together with my friend Melissa and her almost 2 1/2 year old son, Alden. And then for the big part of the date...we went to see Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who. At first we were both a little nervous about taking two little ones to the movies, but we had perfect angels on our hands. They both loved the popcorn and the licorice that Melissa brought. I half expected Cadence to walk out of the movies saying, "I'm Horton" but as soon as we got back in the car she was asking for her Buzby book. I think it was really nice for Cadence to have Mommy all to herself today and we had so much fun together.

3 comments:

J-Dawg said...

How fun again! You are so lucky that you have your mom to help with the girls!

I want to go see "Horton Hears a Who" with Jonathan, but I think I will wait until it comes to the $1 theatre.

Sounds like Buzby is still Cadence's alter-ego. :P

Cathleen said...

Sounds like another great day! It can be so fun to spend some one on one time with your kids. I love to have dates with mine too, and they always love having which ever parent they get all to themselves.
We have spring break this week, and I thought that one of the things we would get done would be to see Horton at the theater. I can't believe that it is already Thursday night, where did our week go? We're all dreading school starting back up Monday....thank goodness the school year is nearly over~we are ready for summer vacation!
We went to the National Zoo today in DC. We had a great time, but my feet are killing me. I think my blog update will have to wait until tomorrow. Love you guys!

Aleks said...

That sounds so fun! I've been wanting to see Horton Hears a Who.