Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Have you seen our daughter Cadence?



One of the very first things Cadence said to me this morning was, "I'm Ruby." Ummm... okay, whatever you say! I had no idea where she got this from, I figured it was something she watched on TV with Meena (that's what she calls my mom) from the night before. Sure enough when I asked Meena this morning at church, she told me that they watched a show called Max and Ruby, apparently Cadence identifies with Ruby and has been asking/telling me to call her Ruby all day. At one point I asked Ruby where Cadence is and that I miss her. Ruby told me, "Cadence is at Costco." At one point in the evening she had to remind her Daddy, "I'm Ruby remember" Daddy thought that was pretty funny. During bath time she asked for her cup (the girls each have a cup with their name on it) and I told her no you're Ruby and that the cup is Cadence's with her name on it. I totally thought she would change her mind, but nope, she was sticking to her story and did not ask for the cup again!! I was astonished!

The Easter Bunny came early to our house this year. Last night my mom dropped off the girls Easter present which was a water/sand table. The girls were very excited. Trying to take advantage of day light savings time I took them outside after nap (Yes, we all three took a nap today, which is rare, but much needed after losing an hour of sleep last night) to enjoy the extra day light and got some great pictures of them. We played until both the girls were soaking wet and freezing cold, of course it was still a fight to get them inside.
I am really excited for this summer and all the fun things to do with the girls. I love beach days and pool days and I really hope we get to go to the San Diego Zoo, we have been talking about it and I think we are going to get season passes!

3 comments:

Cathleen said...

I love Max & Ruby!! Cadence is too funny! I love that she stuck with her story all day. On the TV show, Ruby is a bit bossy....any similarities with Cadence I wonder??

Happy The Man said...

What a great smile, and matching tops, too cute!

You guys should come here to VA and visit us, that would be like going to the Zoo, only slight more engaging!

J-Dawg said...

Jonathan also likes Max & Ruby. I love how Cadence did not give on her new found identity! Too cute.