Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Name Game

We love asking Cadence her name and age as well as Kendall's. So last night during dinner I asked her what her name was and she obediently replied,"Cadence Micole Cilderman" (yes, she says Micole instead of Nicole!) And then I asked how old she was and she says," Two and a half years old." So far so good. So we moved on to ask her what her sister's name is and she says, "Kendall One and a half Cilderman!" I guess she just wanted to be done with that one in one quick answer. But the answer that made us laugh the most was when we asked what Daddy's name was and she says "Bartholomew OUR MOMS Cilderman" So funny.

Another quick Cadence story... last week I caught her playing with the soap!! She had it rubbed in to her arms and legs and made quite a good mess. So when I walked in on her I sternly said,"Cadence WHAT ARE YOU Doing??" I go on the tell her that we don't play with soap and it is only for bath time and she just looks up at me with the saddest face she could muster and says, "Don't make me cry Mom." How can you stay mad after that?

5 comments:

Cathleen said...

Cute stories!! "Don't make me cry Mom", that's a classic....if she's smart she'll probably use that one again.
Bart's middle name is a tough one (though I would say that yours is pretty original too). It is always funny what kids come up with....they are definitely entertaining! I know I'm going to love hearing more!!

Nate and Justine said...

a good mom would stay mad. mine did :)

J-Dawg said...

How exciting that you are joining the blogging world! I love the funny things that kids say. Jonathan has been on a kick lately with the things that he says. I am going to have to get a book and write them down.

I love the "Don't make me cry Mom". It is amazing how they learn so early how to manipulate!

Great Aunt Lori said...

Great Aunt Lori said...
I hope that some day the girls will be able to look back and read about all the cute things they said when they were young. Most parents would not think about doing this. Here's to Nicole and Bart for their love and affection for the Cadence and Kendall.

The Cox Family said...

Hey! I keep up with people's blogs pretty frequently (like when I'm bored at work) I'm just not a good commenter! So - know someone is reading! I too have a blogger but I hardly ever post on it. I use my xanga the most. The girls are too cute! It's always funny (and a little scary) to hear what they have to say!