Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Randomness

Wow this person has a lot of time on their hands! (No pun intended... I think)

*Thank you Cathleen for "walking" me through the steps to get the video up on my blog!!

Nothing much going on here. The weather has been kind of blah. Sometimes rainy, always overcast... that just makes me stay in more. We need to go to Costco tonight, half of me is trying to talk the other half of me out of it.

We finally did our taxes yesterday!!! And we are getting more back than we thought so we get to pay off a couple of debts and get our savings going again and... Bart might start looking for a new car!! That is very exciting to both of us.

On a different note. For the last two years I have been working a lot in the nursery (ages 0-2) at my church and now that all these little babies are growing up we have decided to start a new class for two and three year old's. There were no other children in this age range before so there is no class for these tots to graduate into. So with the help of my mom we are going to start this new class next Sunday!! I was hoping the curriculum that was sent out would get to my house by today so that I had some quiet hours with no distractions to go over it and get prepared. ( Bart gets home late from work on Tuesday nights) I also wanted to start a list of supplies needed so I could do some shopping before I had to work this weekend! Well, nothing has arrived yet and I am getting nervous about having to cram all my planning into a few days, oh well, I've always been a huge procrastinator and should be used to working under pressure!

1 comment:

Cathleen said...

I could so relate to your whole post.
Glad you got the video up and running. I never know if I'm going to be understood.
Sometimes the only way I get to Costco is when we are out of everything, other times it is not as big a deal. These days with food and gas prices through the roof, I really hate my weekly Costco bill. Everything costs so much more than it used to, and it adds up too fast.
Congrats on getting your taxes done and on getting back more than expected. I still need to do ours, but every time I look at it, it doesn't seem like it is going to be good news. We get hit hard by the AMT tax. The main reason we are subject to it is because we have too many kids. It wipes out our deductions for kids and assesses a penalty tax. One would think that people raising children would need more of their money...not less. Go figure.
Good luck on pulling things together for your new class. I teach our women's group on the 3rd Sunday each month. I often procrastinate too. I get a little stressed because it can be pretty intimidating to be in front of a room full of women. This month when I teach, my sister Mary will be visiting and she said she'll be coming to church with us. I can't wait to have her.
We'd love to have you guys sometime too. There's always so much to do in DC.