Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ice Bath

I have no idea where I got the idea but one night before bath time, I decided to take a huge bowl of ice with me and when the girls were situated I dumped the whole thing in and let them play with it. And for the first three minutes or so it was a lot of fun. At first they didn't even know what was going on and probably thought I was crazy! But soon after the ice began to melt and it wasn't so enjoyable, only because I had to endure the next twenty minutes of bath time having the girls ask me over and over and over again for more ice. See, I was home alone and wouldn't leave the girls alone to go and get more...this is where I learned my lesson for next time. Now when we have "Ice Baths" I make sure both girls are all washed up and hair washed too (and boy do they stand still and not a peep leaks out about water or bubbles in their eyes on this night!!) and then I will fill their cups up with just a few pieces of ice so that the whole bowl lasts a lot longer. It is funny to watch the differences in what they do with their precious ice. Cadence will set her cup up on the side and savor every last piece whether she eats it, plays with it or just puts it in the bath to watch it melt. Kendall on the other hand will immediately dump her whole cup of ice into the water and ask for more. Kendall is also amazing at catching the floating ice. She is so patient and careful and the ice rarely slip out of her hands. It is always a fun time and even though the girls ask for an ice bath every night we only do this about once a week to make the fun last as well!!

1 comment:

Happy The Man said...

This title sounds intriguing, I'm going to keep an eye for updates on this one.