Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Mother's Day


I don't even know where to begin to describe the love, thoughtfulness and generosity shown to me on my Mother's Day. My day was perfect from midnight to midnight.
My mothers day started with me sweeping the floors at Chili's at midnight while I was trying to finish my side work and get out of there. When I got home I was presented with my first gift, organized and given by my own wonderful, creative and selfless mother.

The flowers were beautiful, the balloons were a perfect decoration and of course I loved the Willow Creek figurine " A Child of My Heart" that is a perfect addition to my collection. But the thing that pulled at my heartstrings the most and actually made me cry and the frame sitting in the middle of the table.












On one side is a piece drawn by Cadence, it is a picture of Mommy standing on the grass holding a balloon. On the opposite side is a piece drawn by Kendall of a whole bunch of circles she points at and says balloons. And finally in the middle is both of their hand prints. Ahh, my heart melted.

This was followed by the perfect night of sleep, I don't even think I woke up to turn over or anything, this does not happen very often. And even though I only got less than seven hours of sleep, I woke up rejuvenated and excited for my day. The girls and I went to church in the morning and afterward we met up with Craig and Cherilyn and took my mom to lunch. It is always awesome to sit and eat with my family. Family and food, what else compares?? Ha just kidding! After that my mom and I took the girls to the beach. And of course it was perfect, just the right temperature, breeze and parking was free- Perfect!!

We left the beach a little late and rushed over to the Cilderman's to celebrate our other great Mother! All the mothers were served a very wonderful meal. I definitely felt pampered! But I think my favorite part of the whole day was during dinner right after I gave Kendall her biscuit with butter and jelly. Pictures are worth a thousand words right, well here you go...


After Uncle Janis noticed and we all had a huge laugh, Minnie jumped up and said," I'll go get some napkins" and I told her, "No thank you, I would rather have a camera!!" Thankfully Aunt Jenn had one handy and saved moment for us!
So to all you Mother's out there, I hope your Mother's Day was as perfect as mine was!

No comments: