Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Downtown Disney with the Cox family

Today the Cox family (in from Texas, Becky and I have been friends since High School, I am not going to mention how many years that's been...) came down to visit Disneyland. This was Jesse (Becky's husband) and their son Jayden's first time to the "Happiest Place on Earth!" How exciting!!! Since they were so close my brother Craig and friend Amanda and I took the girls up to Downtown Disney to have lunch with them. We all went to the Rainforest Cafe. Cadence has been there before with Meena but this was Kendall's first time, and probably her last! If you have never been there it is exactly what it sounds like. The whole place is covered from top to bottom and looks like a rain forest with (fake) animals everywhere making a lot of noise. About every twenty minutes or so the lights would dim, the animals would start making a lot of noises, thunder would crack and lightning would flash. A very tropical experience to everyone, well everyone that is except little Kendall. She was so freaked out by the whole thing she didn't even touch her lunch. She just sat there cautiously looking around as if someone or something was going to jump out and grab her at any second. When the storms would start, her own waterworks started up as well. I tried my hardest to be upbeat and show her that it was fun, but she wasn't having any of it. Poor kid...


Before the first storm hit, here are the three kiddos sitting someplace that just looks like a bar...













Jayden and Kendall, the fear is setting in...












Cadence and Amanda, and Uncle Craig and Kendall




Becky and myself!
She's due in August, what a trooper!

2 comments:

Happy The Man said...

We've eaten at the rain forest in Disney FL. The thing that stands out in my mind was the high $$$ paid for the opportunity to eat amongst all those fake animals, trees and weather.

I remember the kids enjoyed the fish tanks while we were waiting for a table but beyond that, it was all about eating because we were hungry and all the surroundings just kind of vanished after the first few minutes.

So, too bad Kendall didn't enjoy it but at least you got your full money's worth since the effect lasted the entire meal. lol!

Cathleen said...

The girls look adorable as always. I love it when they match....too cute!!

I have to say, I was completely unimpressed with the Rain Forest Cafe. Like Greg said, we've been to the one in Downtown Disney at Disney World in FL, and the one at Southcoast Plaza in Costa Mesa. The food was expensive and lousy, and the ambiance was mediocre. I guess I expected more and felt let down. So in my opinion, you won't be missing much if Kendall doesn't want to go again.